Rapid Systems is searching for a Network Engineer who can implement equipment and installation plans based on our Service Provider Network. Maintain each component of the network and troubleshoot issues.
• General support/escalation point for network events
• Plan/implement network growth projects (fixed wireless + fiber expansion)
• Maintain and monitor NMS systems, and improve where possible
• Participate in on-call rotation
• Ensure customer satisfaction by providing excellent customer service in creating trouble tickets and taking calls from clients assisting them in trouble shooting. Supporting internal issues and field technicians with installations and repairs. Most important quality is excellent customer service and patience.
• Help resolve all tickets in your queue or route it to the appropriate queue Log and track all problem within the ticketing system. Document procedures and processes. Ensures timely escalation of customer issues.
• Going onsite when needed for installations or troubleshooting
Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of standard network engineering concepts.
• Knowledge of firewalls, routers, switches, voice and/or video hardware, network applications and related technologies.
• Experienced in diagnosis of Layer-2 and Layer-3 data network problems.
• Demonstrated knowledge of IP address nomenclature, protocols and routing.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to create and edit network drawings.
• Ability to provide training to team members on technology.
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment, professionally
Qualification and Skills
- 5 years’ experience in Service Provider Industry
- 3+ years’ experience in network architecture and deployment
- Must pass FDLE State background check.
- CCNA or higher with work experience.
Tampa Bay Residents Only